- Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
I am not seven years old, so this does not matter to me. Up until a month ago the bedroom closet door was broken, so it was open. Now it is open or closed, dependent upon how lazy I am.
- Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel?
Nah. Suave is super cheap, so I usually bring my own. And, have you seen my lack of hair? I barely even need shampoo.
- Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?
Tucked in at the foot of the bed, but I am warm as a furnace when I sleep, so I usually am uncovered or marginally covered during this weather.
- Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
No, and have not even been tempted.
- Do you like to use Post-It® notes?
I would be lost at work without them! Do I get paid for plugging them here?
- Do you cut out coupons but then never use them?
More often than I would like to admit.
- Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees?
Bees. The chance of death by a swarm of bees is quite slim, as I am not allergic. Plus, I can outrun bees.
- Do you have freckles?
No, but I have always liked them on others, in moderation.
- Do you always smile for pictures?
Sometimes. depends on how I feel about my teeth at the time.
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
I am a grammar nazi
- Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
Occasionally, as a zen exercise or if I just want to know how many steps it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop.
- Have you ever peed in the woods?
- What about pooped in the woods?
- Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing?
Again, more often than I would like to admit. There is usually music in my head of some kind.
- Do you chew your pens and pencils?
- How many people have you slept with this week?
One, same as last week, and the week before, and the week before…
- What size is your bed?
Queen, although there is a King in the basement
- What is your Song of the week?
What’s My Scene by Hoodoo Gurus
- Is it OK for guys to wear pink?
I certainly hope so.
- Do you still watch cartoons?
It’s hard to find classic Looney Toons, but when I do, I watch. Joyfully.
- What’s your least favorite movie?
Anything involving Transformers. “What the Bleep Do We Know?” I actually lost brain cells watching this movie. It made me so incredibly angry that I got suckered into sitting through a propaganda film for Scientology.
- Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
Who says it’s buried?
- What do you drink with dinner?
- What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
- What is your favorite food?
That’s a constantly changing issue. Right now, it’s the Buffalo Chicken Burrito at BA Burritos.
- What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
The Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption, and The Dirty Dozen
- Last person you kissed/kissed you?
The Gardening Beauty
- Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
No, I could not due to the church I attended, which I now find rather silly.
- Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
Sure, but my guess is more men than women would be interested in my particular body type.
- When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
Years. I am a TERRIBLE letter writer. Not that I cannot write or write well, but I lack the motivation to do so.
- Can you change the oil on a car?
Wish I could. Should probably just do it.
- Favorite kind of sandwich?
Turkey, mayo, mustard, onion
- Best thing to eat for breakfast?
cereal – shredded wheat or Grape Nuts with honey
- What is your usual bedtime?
The time I go to bed
- Are you lazy?
Not so much lazy as a serial procrastinator. I can put my nose to the grindstone when I feel like it.
- When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?
a team member of the 70s TV show SWAT. I don’t remember any others. I never liked trick or treating so much, but I love the holiday. Go figure.
- What is your Chinese astrological sign?
Believe it or not, I’m a cock. (rooster)
- How many languages can you speak?
one. But I have knowledge of three others that would allow me to get by (barely) – German, Russian and Japanese
- Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
No. But National Geographic is an amazing magazine and HAS to be seen in print.
- Which are better, Legos or Lincoln Logs?
Legos for me
- Are you stubborn?
Yes. Yes I am.
- Who is better, Leno or Letterman?
Letterman, but that’s like asking if mumps or measles is better.
- Do you sing in the car?
Of course, when I am listening to music. Sometimes I listen to Public Radio.
- Do you sing in the shower?
- Do you dance in the car?
I have been known to groove in the car.
- Ever used a gun?
Yes. I have fired a .22 rifle, a Russian model 1918 rifle, and a .44 pistol. I am a fair shot. but do not care to ever own one.
- Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
Three years ago
- Do you think musicals are cheesy?
Some musicals are bad, but generally they are a non-cheesy art form.
- Is Christmas stressful?
Not in the least. I love the entire season, although it begins (consumerism) far too soon.
- Ever eat a pierogi?
Yes. What a very random question.
- Favorite type of fruit pie?
The wildberry pie at McVey’s, which no longer exists
- Ever have a déjà vu feeling?
No one with a brain has ever NOT experienced it. The more important question is, what is it?
- Take a vitamin daily?
- Wear slippers?
Never – just socks
- Wear a bath robe?
Yeah, once in a while. Why do you ask?
- First concert?
- Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart?
None of the above? Wal-Mart makes my skin crawl every time I go there. I just don’t care for Target or KMart.
- Nike or Adidas?
Nike – the longest lasting pair of tennis shoes I ever owned
- Cheetos Or Fritos?
Fritos. Hands down.
- Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
peanuts, sunflower seeds are too much work
- Can you curl your tongue?
Yes, but there is not much call for that.
- Ever won a spelling bee?
Yes. Lost a few. too.
- Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
- Own any record albums?
Not LPs or 45s or 78s. I do own albums on CD.
- Own a record player?
No reason to own one if I don’t have them.
- Regularly burn incense?
- Ever been in love?
Not very insightful questions here. Yes. But so what?
- Tea or coffee?
- Sugar cookies or snickerdoodles?
- Can you swim well?
not as well as I used to
- Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?
- Are you patient?
Dependent upon what situation arises
- Ever won a contest?
Yes. Does making it onto Jeopardy count?
- Which are better, black or green olives?
Olives? They are the devil.
- Can you knit or crochet?
- Best room for a fireplace?
The backyard, actually
- Who was your HS crush?
Everything in HS is a crush.
- Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
I am not a child. I throw fits. but they are private and for my own benefit.
- Do you miss anyone right now?
I just saw her, but I am already craving more time with the Irish Bird Assassin. And strangely, I am missing The Storyteller. But that’s a more physical thing.