My wonderful friend at Get It All Down has unwittingly made a dream of mine come true and has asked me to answer the questions posed by Bernard Pivot to guests on his French TV show, Bouillon de Culture. These were made famous in the US by James Lipton of Inside the Actor’s Studio. So, onward…
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
Whatever – it’s the ultimate dismissive word
3. What turns you on, creatively, spiritually, or emotionally?
4. What turns you off?
Superficiality in all its evil forms
5. What is your favorite curse word?
Shit, pronounced with a VERY distinct “t” sound at the end. Also, shitballs.
6. What sound or noise do you love?
Laughter. Truly music to me.
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
There’s a musical motif in the “song” Moves Like Jagger that causes me physical pain. I despise the entire mess, actually. Pure crapola.
8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
Oceanographer. Well, actually, Cetacean biologist. Always have adored whales.
9. What profession would you not like to do?
Telemarketing. Never liked talking on the phone very much. Add sales to it and it becomes my own personal hell.
10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
It really was all about love.