Some things you may not know about me…
1. I fell over backwards during my Confirmation in front of about 300 people. It was hilarious.
2. I have never broken any bones.
3. I do not fear heights, but I have a debilitating fear of climbing ladders or being up high on a small platform.
4. I did not go to my HS Prom.
5. My family has a history of having grandparents living with our family in the same house. It’s something I value and treasure.
6. I have two nieces and one nephew. If I was half the person each of them is, I’d be fantastic.
7. If I could go back in time and meet one person, it would be my Uncle Gil.
8. Whenever I see myself in a mirror, I experience some serious cognitive dissonance, as I perceive myself as WAY better looking.
9. Hugging is one of the great joys of life. The other is kissing.
10. Sometimes, I wish I would have followed my dreams as a kid and become an oceanographer.
11. I once very seriously considered becoming a Lutheran minister.
12. Iowa was not as bad as I thought it would be. I think the Quad Cities are great.
13. Sometimes, I have doubted the existence of God.
14. Is it just me or is the pursuit more thrilling than the catch?
15. I am not a big fan of rhyming poetry. Probably because there are too many hack poets.
16. I often wonder if I shouldn’t have just gone to NYC and tried to become an actor. I might have failed miserably, but it is the one thing that I think I actually do pretty well.
17. If I could instantly change one physical thing about myself, it would be my teeth.
18. If I could change one non-physical thing about me it would be my lack of commitment.
19. Want to get me really talking? Ask me about politics or religion, the two things you are never supposed to talk about in polite company.
20. I wish I was as smart as I was when I was in school (Elem, MS, HS). I don’t know when I lost my way.
21. In the last couple years, I too often find myself unable to think of the word I want to say when talking, and it scares me.